STOP THE NOISE!

First of all I want to say Happy New Year! May we step forward and have fulfillment in all of our endeavors this year.
This year I plan on being more dedicated to the blog.
Here is my first post of the year. And it is a poem!

STOP THE NOISE!

The noise I hear
The noise I fear
The voices I hear
The voices I fear
The shouting, cursing and growling
The warning, the panting and screaming
These sounds are hear
Are the same sounds I fear
Stop the noise
Shut my ears?
That will only heighten the disaster
Co's when it is silent here
There is a noise binge over there
Then the frequency and intensity
Of the sounds I hear in my head
Are of draining depth
The sounds become pitch perfect
Stop the noise
Stop the voices 
They are not voices I want to hear
They are strange, broken, twisted.
Unnerving, inconceivable
I want to hear one voice
The voice my soul longs for
Until then stop the noise
This noise I can no longer bear

BY: BRIDGET E. UKENI

0 comments:

Post a Comment